Answers by: Luka Akul Hirsch
Hey, my name is Luka Akul Hirsch. The Users is a 7 member ska-rocksteady band that plays positive tunes for all generations.
2) What are your lyrics about and where do you find inspiration for them?
There's alot of inspiration. It's around us, in us… Our songs have different themes of lyrics : from love to social criticism. Alot of times a certain happening gives you such an impulse that you have to turn those feelings inside out and write a song.
3) Do you remember which was your first song that you learned on guitar/drums/bass?
You never forget your first one. ;) Come as you are – Nirvana.
4)What is the strangest thing that happened to you on stage?
When while playing a cover of Rihanna's Umbrella a naked man ran to the stage and danced with an umbrella for the whole song. Scary/priceless/funny feeling.
5) If you could play one song with any artist/band dead or alive who would that be and why?
Definitely »Who wants to live forever« with Freddy Mercury. RIP
6) What's the first album you ever bought?
Don't laugh ;) . It was an album by Spice girls – Spice. Ok, I was young and stupid.
7) What do you like the most vinyl, cassette, CDs or mp3s?
Mp3s are practical, cassettes are vintage and cool (but it's hard to get a decent cassette player), CDs are to listen for through the week, vinyls are for Sundays and holidays. When you sit down and listen to your favourite records. Aaaaah, now that's a Sunday!
8) The strangest think you have ever eaten/drank?
We ate and drank a lot of »funny stuff« when we were younger.
9) What's your worst habit?
Biting my nails, picking my nose and night walks to my cookie jar.
10) What is your biggest wish right now?
That my wife gives birth to a healty child and everything turns out ok.
0.5 dcl positive vibration, 0.5 dcl sunny beach , a few drops of lime juice and a lot of fuckin' vodka ;)
12) What is the most unusual gift you got by one of your fans?
Half empty bottle of wine. Doesn't matter what the gift is as long as it comes from the heart. Though some fans made all of the band members cups with a logo and with band memeber's names on them. Hand crafted, nice gift. Still in use ;) !
13) What do you do in your life when your not writing recording playing with The Users?
Oh, a lot of things. Rene (drummer) works in an industry shop, Danijel (bass player) works as a purchase department of one company, Jure (trumpet) got a nice big digger, Robert (guitar) works in a casino, Kristjan (saxophone) got a restaurant, Luka M. (keyboard) is an informatic genius with his own (cloud) :P company, I have a recording studio and an audio sound system service.
14) What's the worst idea you ever had on tour?
»This is the last drink, after this we go home.« And it always ends bad.
15) Do you have any tattoos? Whats your favourite style/piece?
Yeah, some of the members have tattoos. Danijel has three stars, Robert has a nice tattoo on his arm, I have a japanese sleeve tattoo, chest tattoo (»Dedication takes a lifetime«) and a few smaller tattoos. Each tattoo is beautiful in its own way. Some people put a lot of tattoo’s symbolism, others simply like ink. :)
16) What are your plans with The Users for the future?
We are preparing new material for our second album. We got a lot of ideas and inspiration. The development of an album is a very intense process. Every band need a lot of time to do a good final audio product.
Over the years, you get used to the patience even if you're impatient like a child before Christmas .. :)
17) Some last words for our readers?
Follow your dreams, try hard every minute and every day to achieve the goals that keeps you passionate! Respect yourself and eachother. Enjoy every day of your life because there's no heaven above and no hell below. Your life is here and now!