"... I've seen everything from wedding proposals to prosthetic limbs being tossed up there. People drink a lot at our shows."
Questions by: Jasmina Lozar
Answers by: Vic ( Koffin Kats )
1) For the beginning can you introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your band and your music?
Hi my name is Vic... I play upright bass and sing lead for The Koffin Kats.
2) What are your lyrics about and where do you find inspiration for them?
I stay away from love songs..not my thing. I like writing about the darker aspects of life. I find the inspiration from the people and places around me. Situations ive experienced or that others have and i adapt them to a fictional idea in song.
3) Do you remember which was your first song that you learned on guitar/drums/bass?
The first complete song i ever leaned on guitar was Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze." I think i was 11.
4) What is the strangest thing that happened to you on stage?
I dont know if anything shocks me with that... ive seen everything from wedding proposals to prosthetic limbs being tossed up there. People drink a lot at our shows.
5) If you could play one song with any artist/band (dead or alive) who would that be and why?
Id have to say id want to play with Waylon Jennings. The song would be "lonesome, on'ry, and mean." I always thought he was such a strong character in the way he did things his way musically without compromise. Granted its a far stretch from the stye of music we play. I listen and take in inspiration from many forms of music though.
6) What's the first album you ever bought?
The Waynes World 2 soundtrack on cassette.
7) What do you like the most - vinyl, cassette, CDs or mp3s?
I love vinyl. Im not a fanatic about it. I just like that if the world lost all power. You could still hear the music on a vinyl record. Mp3s are very convenient, but think the magic of soaking in a full album is gone when youre just skipping around songs on your player all the time.
8) The strangest think you have ever eaten/drank?
Cow brain taco in Mexico City. It was good! Had snails in Spain...also good! I accidentally drank rubbing alcohol in Romania. Not so good.
9) What's your worst habit?
Not getting enough sleep.
10) What is your biggest wish right now?
To be out of financial debt.
11) If you had to make a cocktail named Koffin Kats what would you put in it and what effect would it have on people?
Barenjager, vodka, and a splash of redbull. Its good... its makes you want to party. Haha.
12) What is the most unusual gift you got by one of your fans?
A cake baked with that persons hair inside.
13) What do you do in your life when your not writing recording playing with Koffin Kats?
I play catch up on all the things i miss at home when spending 10 months out on the road. Yard work. Time with family and friends.
14) What's the worst idea you ever had on tour?
Take a mountain pass in a blizzard without tire chains...or snow tires. We almost we pushed off the road by the weight of our trailer behind us. We've done that a few times. Each time we say...that was a terrible idea.
15) Do you have any tattoos? Whats your favourite style/piece?
I have many... both arms covered. My favorite is my chest piece. Because it hurt that most.
16) What are your plans with Koffin Kats for the future ?
We finish this year up with a tour staring in september and taking us up to mid December. During that time we will be releasing a new record at the end of October. We will have more info about that available on our website www.koffinkatsrock.com.
17) Some last words for our readers?
Thanks for taking the time to read this! If youve gotten this far please check out our website or youtube us. We have spent most of the last 5 years on tour and have no plans to stop. Its quite possible we are playing somewhere near you. So please come on out to a show a say hi! Well have a drink with you!
In cooperation with
we are bringing you interviews, reviews, band presentations and everything in between connected with punk & hardcore world!