DEEZ NUTS - INTERVIEW
"Playing a show that had a zero drinking policy and doing a alcohol breath test before we played. No body passed... Haha."
Questions by: Jasmina Lozar & Jaka Čurlič
Answers by: Deez Nuts
1. Hi guys! How's going? How are the reactions to your newest masterpiece »Bout It« so far?
Well it's been out for quite a while now, but the responses have been amazingly positive right from the beginning, and now the responses to the new songs live are in incredible.
2. Do you remember which was your first song that you learned on guitar/drums/bass?
It was Avery long time ago and that I started learning all those, round when I was 23 or 13. I remember teaching myself to play nirvana songs on guitar and gold finger songs on bass. Drums I used to just make up beats.
3. Which artists/CDs got you into Hardcore?
Strife, earth crisis, snap case, hatebreed, Madball and raised fist were some of the first international bands that got me into hardcore. And local bands like day if contempt and force fed 9.
4. Is there a song you like so much that you wish that you have written it?
Haha yes, everything by biggie smalls, everything by Ryan Adams, everything by the deftomes.
5. You have traveled many countries with your band, what is the weirdest alcohol drink you have ever drank and the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
I don't know about weirdest but foul looks were the wildest drink if had until they took all the wild ingredients out cause people kept dying, I loved that drink. Weirdest food is probably everything we were served in Indonesia haha.
6. So you obviously got a lot of tattoos, what got you in the world of tattooing and which was the strangest place you got tattooed?
I was always drawn to it since I was a kid. I started getting tattooed at 16. The strangest place? Probably the tiny beer pint on the inside of my finger haha.
7. What's the worst idea you ever had on tour?
Pushing a car in the river was the best and worst idea we've had haha. You can see that in documentary "fuck the world" it's on YouTube.
8. What is the strangest thing that happened to you on stage?
A couple got up on stage at a show once and proposed during our set, that was pretty strange. Cool though haha.
9. What’s the most difficult situation you have found yourself in since you started the band?
Playing a show that had a zero drinking policy and doing a alcohol breath test before we played. No body passed... Haha.
10. Which famous movie should have a Punk Rock/Hardcore soundtrack?
11. Best album artwork of all-time is…?
Worship and tribute by glassjaw
12. What’s usually on your playlist while you’re on tour?
It changes constantly, but we listen to a lot of asap rocky, Danny brown, kings of Leon, riff raff, the story so far and paramore on tour recently.
13. If you could play/sing one song with any artist/band dead or alive who would that be and why?
Biggie smalls, he's my favourite rapper of all time and he's a huge inspiration to me musically.
14. What do you like the most vinyl, cassette, CDs or mp3s?
I like cd's that's what I grew up with and I think it's the best medium for art work. I have a large cd collection. Vinyl is also cool though.
15. What is the most unusual gift you got by one of your fans?
A framed painting of myself.
16. If you had to do a cocktail named Deez Nuts what would you put in it and what effect would it have on people?
Gin, Hennessy, beer, weed, Valium and tequila. Because then the effect it would give people would be knowing what the members of DN feel like everyday haha.
17. If we’re not mistaken your show in December at Mostovna (Nova Gorica) was the 3rd time that you played in Slovenia. How is your experience with Slovenian crowd so far (at Punk Rock Holiday and Ljubljana)?
We had a great time the other week, we've had a great time at the last 2. People are very responsive and cool two us. Punk rock holiday was weird for us though, I think we were a strange fit for that line up.
18. What are your plans with DN for the future?
We have a tonne of touring already locked in for 2014 and we'll be recording a new album!
19. Some last words for our readers?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you've checked us out before, thanks so much for your support!
Leave a Reply.
In cooperation with
we are bringing you interviews, reviews, band presentations and everything in between connected with punk & hardcore world!